Wednesday, July 01, 2020

The new BBO rules ..20 tables max for FREE

Ireland Imps Pairs .. 20 table limit .. Wednesday night is a quiet night so we will go with that.

830pm July 1st starting time 

However we are allowed start  at any time but we might have a gang that are happy to start slightly later than the 1930pm normal. I will only know if ye tell me.

Coming soon we will go to small entry fee of 2 BBO dollars as this allows us a larger size event.

Tuesday night winners
Tuesday Jun30th winners


A hand came up last night but the folk who might bid it were missing playing somewhere else.

Well I don't know how one would bid it as I would be starting with Stayman..
Strong No Trumpers start with 1C ...a good start ...
Weak NTers will open 1NT but its a long way to 6C ...
No problem for the regular top 10 pair in the Ireland Imp pairs. 
They motor into 6C no bother. 


but almost all our last night pairs got nowhere near it ... but the Tranmers are playing Scanian No Trump responses. They don't do Stayman when they have longer minor ..major type hand.
This is a new way for me but I will study up on it. You show your minor suit first and then go looking for minor suit fits.
You guys and me got some stuff to learn ... look at bressie ..they decided on the 3-0 fit ...

Last time I saw something like that I pulled up Heneghan for dropping a trick in 4H ..
Forgetting he was partnering Sean O'Lubaigh ...there is always White Magic when Sean is around.
James declared a 3-1 spade fit missing Spade Ace ...got a trump lead and managed to make all 3 trumps and 7 outside tricks for 4S made vulnerable ..and then a week later Galligan blunders in wondering about the loss of the 11th trick in 4H.

No comments: