Thursday, July 02, 2020

Ireland Imp Pairs July 2nd

Ireland Imps Pairs ... Friday night 815pm ...limited to 20 tables by BBO for now.. July 3rd 2020

Tonight we continued with the Ireland Imp Pairs. The 830pm start seems somewhat better than finishing at near midnight. We will move back towards 8pm probably.

Tonight near game time Martin Garvey mentioned Caz and hairdresser.

Caz's new hair replacement therapy was taking longer than normal so I took the bait and invited him to play. I was going to replace me with a robot and then with Caz later when the blue rinse was dried.
So we started and I should have stuck in the robot at 19 but stayed 1 board too long.
We got few of those fantastic gifts that some players get and had to work hard for the pieces we got.
Early on we met a soft kind of pass on board 3 but the guy said he passed accidently ...
No problem said I ..we will sort it out .. Conversation continued from him as he did not understand he was being left off for lack of attention or slip of the hand/brain.
of course others would whing about what they might get for 3C making but we quickly made it into
60-40 our way as I do with most very clear misclicks. One never knows for sure what exactly happened at his computer but we don't want free stuff that we did not earn. We are lucky enough to be able to play bridge in this unprecedented time.
Then I was careless on Board 19 in 6S .. various excuses come to mind but lack of concentration etc.
In short I started trumps from wrong side. All the questions came from South but I played lazily and got done for it. Basically I ignored all information that pointed me in the right direction. I even ignored thegarve mentally driving me on.... spade to king ..spade to king .. getting the bat ready ..
And down I went
The link to Sean Connor and James Doyle


No comments: