Monday, April 13, 2020

The tourney left a man behind ...the wrong man

Tuesday  ... April 14th starting times

Session 1 .. 20 boards open for entry 1700 .. starts play at 1725 or when full
This one might run or not .. if it crashes ..I try once more .. 

Session 2 .. 20 boards open for entry 2130 ... starts play at 2210 its a school day better finish before midnight.   This one should have no problem getting going.

Yesterday evening the first tourney did not run. Either someone in BBO was messing with the configuration files or maybe Eastern Standard Time moved over the weekend and I missed it.
Tourney setup  fully within the rules and CRASHED ...said too many teams .. I had the 20 tables.
Got reloaded and failed again ..so dumped it.

Came back again and we got 40 pairs loaded up and took off at 1008pm.
Tonight we were visited by some aliens from West Waterford as Fierce Pierce and Marion someone took to the floor. They placed in the middle of the field.

The retired Bishop and the used teabag (a current NIBU Camrose player) placed 35 out of 36 so if
anyone wants an international cap ...go north and prosper. However I think that day is gone as with Brexit fully in flow there won't be any more Camrose events for NIBU.

Drillable results to BBO

Well with 36 pairs that meant we were two tables short. We had been told that aoife and peter were entered but were playing in Regent event and could I remove them. 
I don't have this power and they failed to remove themselves. Either of them could have done it. 
We lost 3 other pairs and one of those pairs exploded into action. My phone was hopping and my BBO messenging was hopping. 
Both presumed I booted them and both were giving it both barrels. 
I cannot boot anyone from a tourney once they have entered. I can block people from entering from the start or I can place subs in their seats once the event started. However the small mindedness of people to think I would bother booting them even if I could. Next thing if god forbid they got sick they would be saying they were in my community because they were playing bridge online.
................
Meanwhile Diarmuid Reddan ran the Galway Swiss Invitational Teams online on Sunday.
I don't know who won but it might be on Diarmuids site or Fearghal O'Boyles website.
10 teams of 4 invitees. I will download the hands shortly and make a Swiss event for my Jack.

No comments: