Saturday, April 04, 2020

Ireland Imp Pairs revamped & Muttley on Precision

Saturday .. April 4th 

Ireland Imps Pairs 1 ......... 1930pm
Ireland Imps Pairs 2 ..........2130pm

Both 14 boards and 6 minutes per board ....
Even if you think someone is doing something to you like slowplaying .. be aware it most likely is internet lag or lacking the skills of a BBO keyboard warrior like yourself.

Folks
Currently Free Tournaments on BBO are limited to 20 tables. No amount of messaging to eamon will fix this.
1. Is there room for one more pair.
2. I got kicked out when it started
3. My partner was offline and can I still play.
4. Why did you kick my partner and I out.
5. We registered at 615pm and now we cannot play
6. 15 messages from a single player because BBO put an average when time ran out.
7. Did you start early tonight. Why did you not tell me.
8. 50 texts and missed calls.
9. My opponents would not accept my claim
10. My opponents played slow on purpose.
11. My opponents played first 11 cards at lightning speed and then paused for 5 minutes until clock ran out.


Eamon is still a functioning human being for now .. I can read and I am somewhat intelligent. 

So if I could get 1 single message per slow play board. Even better if  the 2 people sitting on the same couch don't both send me numerous messages. 
It takes about 2 minutes to review a slow play and change the score from average to reality.
Last night I gave Sonic average minus and she asked me to review the board. It took her 7 minutes to make a bid.
Later when 2 opps paused until clock ran out against Sonics making 3NT ... I figured the opps paused because they did not want the last 2 tricks ... so I gave 3NT+2.
Last night a Regent Wed player messaged me 38 minutes  after end of tournament about board 2 of 14. A message during board 3 4 5 or 6 ..would have got me to fix it then. This is not sour grapes she said................but we are now 90 minutes past when the board was played.

Today I went on Zoom and listened to Muttley partnering Dasterlylaw against Bart and Rocky bidding Simplified Modern Precision. The Flare Larry was listening in and providing commentary.
These 5 are training themselves at Dan Neill Precision to be ready to launch when Malahide Regional resumes.
Meanwhile Galligan dominated some bridgeplayers in a recent challenge.
The majestic Kelan O'Connor even fell to 3rd place behind the Magic of Mullingar.



No comments: