Monday, June 11, 2018

Galligan plays like BJ


Last night I was allowed play a good hand. The robots slipped a little but I applied my BJ like skills to the problem at hand 

Galligan in the pub


West Deals
None Vul
3 2
Q J 4
Q 3 2
A 10 8 7 4
8 5
K 8 7 6 3
K 9 6
K J 5
N
WE
S
K J 9 7
10 9 5 2
A 10 8 5 4
A Q 10 6 4
A
J 7
Q 9 6 3 2
E 3; NS 4; NS 2N; W 2; EW 2; NS 1; Par +100: E 4×−1

WestNorthEastSouth
WBridge5WBridge5WBridge5(Eamon Galligan)
PassPassPass1 
Dbl1 NT2 3 
Pass3 NTDblPass
PassPass
Last night I was in the pub just short of midnight. I was playing a few hands of bridge and the incredible BJ O'Brien crossed my mind. You see we had held a few discussions earlier today where he was unhappy with my views of his hands.
So tonight when I made the guinness fueled overbid of 3  I thought of BJ.
Now I only had taken a few sips of my first pint
Of course my robot took me seriously and put me in 3 NT ...The other robot against me figured I was having a laugh and doubled me ..
So they led a and I had to win and I played a and remembering yer man had doubled I played low and won the trick. Good start ....as BJ would say. BJ is a highly under estimated player. Two more clubs extracted 2 discards .. and robot on lead after  K went after s.
Galligan noted 10 s gone
Winning 3rd trick Galligan advanced a and  K appeared. Cashed 2 s and ending in the North hand Galligan advanced  Q and that was that I think ...
9 tricks ... 3 NT doubled and played like BJ


1 / 52    99.02% Eamon GalliganIreland    Custom   North 3NTX=    5♥     550

http://bridge-now.com

Yesterday afternoon in the 6th round of the Euro Seniors event BJ O'Brien and Ranald Milne seemed to play awfully good in my humble opinion. Long may it continue.
However one worries about Adam Mesbur chewing his nails and Nick Fitzgibbon grinding his  teeth as they have a nice afternoon off. Round 6 looked like a good day off .. .especially when boards 15 nnd 16 arrived with BJ +550 and - 600 ... turned into about 20 imps




No comments: