Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Kelan the monster who thrives on Eamon failures ..bridge challenge

  Ireland Open Imps Pairs at 8pm every night on BBO. This is a good training session as well as competition. You won't leave this event without some story. 

https://www.bridgewebs.com/irelandimps/

I reluctantly accepted  a challenge against kelan the other day as I already held bragging rights from a recent victory. 

A lack of attention board and a couple of lazy bids and a couple of lax defences by robot opps of kelans phone and suddenly Galligan felt the possiblity of 50 imps minus. Turned out to be minus 60 I think in 5 boards. 

K went 3NT here and when robot failed to beat it that was 10 imps gone against my 5D down 2
Missing the fall of the club 9 here and I was down in 4H.
The Queen was also gone so 
WATCH THE SPOT CARDS 
Kelan tried the 3NT contract here and robot failed to beat it and my 4S-1 was more imps gone out the door. 
REMEMBER CONTRACT IS NOT DOWN UNTIL ALL TRICKS ARE TAKEN.
Kelan chose the pragmatic bid of 2NT opening while my efforts saw me in a 4-2 4H contract with trumps breaking 6-1 or something. 
WHENEVER TRUMPS BREAK 6-1 maybe the bidding is wrong
To end this bunch of disaster hands one chose to open the South hand an overstrength 1NT and languished in 3S making 11.
5 hands 5 disasters and 60 imps. 

Its easy when one disrespects the great game. 
As a great Malahide player once said "Bridge is a monster that feeds on human inadequacy " 
So don't be blaming the partner ... or the opponent ...
IT MIGHT BE YOU.







No comments: