Friday, March 12, 2021

Christ ..I lose 20 imps because these Dumbos bid 7S and go down in cold 6S

  Ireland Open Imps Pairs at 8pm every night on BBO. This is a good training session as well as competition. You won't leave this event without some story. 

Last night Granda Tom paid us a visit but he was not on top form. He got lucky on a few boards but also got hopped on in 5HX once and bid a no hope slam that was allowed make. 

https://www.bridgewebs.com/irelandimps/

Results can be found above. 



7S is a tad unfortunate but its not the 13 tricks you can count slam and it seems to need a finesse as you can hardly eat all those hearts so against the odds unless you are losing heavily. 

Going down in 6S is bizarre and costs their team a slam swing which is about 17 imps in this case and could be as much as 27 imps if the 7S folk stayed in 6S making. 

I did not even look to see who the butcher was but he loses nothing and I lose 12 imps or more for doing nothing wrong except playing against a limited computer. 

Look at me ..11 imps behind Paul Porteous ..bloody hell ..he is an administrator of bridge not a player .. Of course without Paul Porteous there might be no COVID bridge so better let him be ahead of me.


Of course maybe I am not as good as I think ..

...................

Then the next board I lose another 5 imps when someone does not bid a cold 3NT. 

No comments: