Tuesday, March 02, 2021

  Ireland Open Imps Pairs at 8pm every night on BBO. This is a good training session as well as competition. You won't leave this event without some story. 

Saw a great hand last night in Malahide Open Pairs. No fixing here as Catherine does not have loading up the boards skill yet. 

Hand 7 and you declare 6H or if you are timid try 4H for as many tricks as you can.


You get the K of diamonds lead and you declare from West hand and you can have a spade bid 1S or 2S weak overcall from  North if you like. You opened  1H after pass by South.

I gave the hand to the Great Nullall and he rolled home a great many tricks as he muttered hand 7 is easy when you are a good player like me. 

I spotted another hand in the morning game yesterday too

After 2NT 4NT 6NT you declare on a 10 of  Heart lead. 
Our man was in 6NT and drifted a couple off .. 
Can you do better. 

Finally I spotted this disaster in the Senior Camrose trials on Saturday night. Team Delaney was almost seeing off Team BJ when disaster struck.

15 imps gone the opposite way and the carryover to boot not that it mattered in the end. There will always be accidents in bridge. I got hit for 2200 in Brighton once ...I done it all on my own. Another time I profited to the tune of 3400 on one board partnering John "1700" Phelan. 
    



No comments: