Wednesday, November 11, 2020

You too can be better than BJ O'Brien for a week but not Karl Cashen

 Bridge Now    a fine site to practice bridge on 


I have been using this site since about 2015 at least ... its a good website 

Some years ago I spotted the account Esther Mor that plays over 100 hands every week. However the account seldom gets past 20% score. Thus I wonder who could play 100-150 hands a week and get this bad score. Many years ago probably late 1980s  I had a bridge console and my baby brother worked out he could bid 7NT on every hand and win loads of points as the claims were not checked ...

Then some years later  one night I went to one of my early PCs which had a bridge program on it and found he has wrecked that game as well by bidding 7NT for his opponents and then doubling them and getting loads of points .. Well he was only about 10 years old ..but he gamed all those machines and programs. Meadowlark bridge was the program ...around 1993....so he was about 10. I was not happy but after about an hour I just reinstalled the program and all was well. 

Meadowlark Bridge 

Wow I just googled and found out Meadowlark is coming again ..in 2020

It was a fine program in its day ...Now there is a new day ..




No comments: