Friday, November 27, 2020

Camrose Trophy 2021 Ireland representatives are probably Team BJ.

 Team BJ won the recent Camrose trials but I don't know if the selection committee have ratified the winners to represent CBAI in the Camrose series both weekends yet. Have to wait and see. 

Team BJ .. O'Brien O'Briainsx2 Walsh O'Gorman and Milne won a 2 rounds round robin held on Real Bridge platform. A strangely struggling Moran team failed to raise any steam at all. Could be the missing "look them in the eyes " at the table caused a different feeling or maybe Team BJ have been following a new training regime that I don't know about. 

Boards and information can be found at https://kibitz.realbridge.online/   and you might have 

to page down a little to find something about CBAI Camrose Trials. 

No point in having a selection committee if you going to try to win the Camrose without the legendary Thomas Hanlon. I think it normally says in the Conditions of Contest something about selection committee having the final word. 

Meanwhile presuming Team BJ are ratified for at least the first weekend I offered them some training. 

Unfortunately they turned me down indicating most of the team would not get any value out of my nightly imp pairs. 

Not one to give up I made a 2nd offer of some bidding practice without my involvement. I am still waiting for the response on this offer. Having been involved with more than 2  Bermuda Bowl teams training sessions I thought I would have something to offer in the 5 weeks remaining before the Camrose Trophy. 

I also offered them my services as Non Playing captain. 


No comments: