Friday, November 27, 2020

Ireland Imps Pairs tonight 830pm and every night. We want the best pair in Ireland. Come Granda Tom

 Recently I have been following Fearghals Sligo events with interest. I gradually noted that Granda Tom and his regular partner higheg nearly always win. Now I understand that pretty much all the Sligo and friends are weaker bridge players than myself but so are most of the Ireland grandmasters so its not an insult. 

However I have never come across The Granda or Higheg in about 35 years playing CBAI Bridge. As most of my bridge was beyond intermediate level I have probably missed many players. 

Finally this morning I figured it out ... There is no Granda Tom or Higheg ... Fearghal just puts Granda Tom and Higheg in place of the 1st place finishers in the Sligo events same as he places John Wayne and Julia Roberts in the last place.

So I had a look last night at the November record of Granda Tom and Higheg.

15 matchpoints events in Sligo and some other SWBA place and 15 first places. 

This is like the Dubs at the GAA except the Dubs will probably keep going after COVID(whereas the granda will disappear)  unless Mayo lift the curse. Maybe Thomas Galligan will take them down. He plays GAA like the granda tom. 


Now I am an avid student of bridge so I want to learn more about the tactics of granda tom and higheg.
I noticed in passing that when shorn of the granda tom ...the higheg has more normal 55% or 52% scores but that could be a weaker partner. 
Now I need to learn some good tactics to teach some students I have so if the granda tom and higheg might play more often in the Ireland Imps Pairs then I could study their skills a little more. 
Also some of my players are of a more iron will than granda's normal fodder. They are not so generous. 

I have noted the granda is reluctant to alert most of his bids and this is very unethical and I hope
he will make a better effort to share what the granda and higheg know about their bids. 

Its okay for Declan the Donplayer in the local club DON game to keep secrets as he openly admits his objective is not to win but to pull a stroke. 
Strangely enough I taught Declan the Donplayer how to play bridge and he loves it. Declan plays on 
Bridge Now      http://www.bridge-now.com/

We play for a pint a week but Declan managed to negotiate a 10% handicap on me but as he regularly breaks 55% for the week I am now on a loser. However I explained to him that he gets 10% of his 
score added not a full 10% so I am still able to win most weeks. 

I am going to ask Declan the Donplayer for an opinion on Granda Tom and Higheg as Declan is a good numbers man ..seldom leaves much in the bookies. 




Imagine a blue Dub putting a 10er on Cavan to take down Donegal and another 5er on Cavan to take Donegal by 4-6 points ....... He figured it would be easier for Dublin to beat Cavan. 

When I heard he backed Trump I was slagging him ... turned out it was some snooker player not POTUS.

..........
However when I asked Fearghal he claims he only changes the last place so the Granda is real but I think the Granda and Higheg are two GIB robots. 

Ye can look yourselves 



No comments: