Thursday, May 28, 2020

Ireland Imps May 28th

The Ireland Imps pairs is loaded for registration now at 1400 hours.
However players won't see it until 1905.

Judi and Dan win
but one notes the looming presence of murphyslaw in 3rd place with many luminaries far behind him. Maybe they are just pretend luminaries. Even the mighty garve and his bat took a hit from murphy last night.

As Declan the Donplayer said in the drinking club one night...."Go easy on him he is only a child at cards..he does not know the game like us lads"
Declan the Donplayer also cast an eye on Malahide legend Maurice Quinn one night ... "Eamon do you see that old lad over there ... Goofy smile .. Can of Guinness..cards in hand  .. Blonde tending his dummy.... thats where I want when I am 75 years old " .... Maurice was probably about 83 that night.

I spotted this board as I was reviewing last nights champions good boards.

Surely if E/W are not getting into the bidding here they are just handing over free imps. I think anyone not pushing NS higher than 2H is not here to compete just to be cannon fodder. Maybe I don't understand the game but I will be bidding something over 1H. 25 pairs are making a contract as E/W.
And the above pair EW are probably National champions on several occasions. They also have several tables of company doing similar lack of competition.

My next exhibit sees the next jar of jam handed over to the winners.

My West partner opened bidding and raised my SPADES to 2. Why am I selling out to 3H.
This is free imps for the winners. No wonder the Tranmers were hammering everyone.
I am not picking on any East Wests here ..the names are incidental but the lack of action on the above 2 boards would be commonplace all over Ireland night after night. I see 10 pairs selling below 4S.

Lets see if I can find one more.

East West sold out to 2S ...surely there is a way to push to at least 3H EW... let alone arrive in game of 4H which looks like a comfortable make. Free money for the winners. Surely a little more bidding can help.

Bridgez    ..a 16 board daily tourney but even playing just board 1 is enormous learning

Bridge Captain is now Free    .. the former commercial bridge playing program ..worth a look.
I looked at it does some stuff but is a little behind some of the commercial programs of today.
However you can certainly play bridge against it.

Bridgemaster on the Bridgebase Online is a superb piece of kit... either on front page or else inside BBO after you login at the PRACTICE area


No comments: