Monday, January 13, 2014

Camrose Trophy 2014 Weekend 1

After the 5 matches of the Camrose Trophy 2014 Ireland lead by a portion of a VP from Scotland.

The Irish Team was Mark Moran Rory Boland Hugh McGann Thomas Hanlon Tommy Garvey and John Carroll.

On Friday night the Irish fresh from qualifying last weekend for the semi finals of the IBU trials were ambushed by Scotland and emerged with a score of 2.94 VPs and last place ..

Saturday morning dawned and the Irish got out the right side of the beds.

18.2 was achieved versus one of the favourites England and Ireland were back in the game.

Saturday afternoon saw Ireland with Moran Boland playing all 32 boards putting the whole 20 VPS onto their score and climbing into 2nd place behind Scotland who were winning all their matches.

Sunday morning dawned and the experienced  NIBU put a small win past Ireland.
11.27 to 8.73

On Sunday afternoon the 2nd English team beat Ireland by the same score.

I am currently playing thru the boards as I did not watch too much over the weekend.
I saw Ireland got a poor result on board 2 versus Scotland landing in 3NT when a 4H contract was more suitable. However on Board 4 the same pair hit back landing a 4H contract. 

I have made a file with all the contracts and the players names in it for Jack bridge program.
Its a pbn file and can be replayed on various bridge computer programs.

I don't think one can attach a file here so if anybody wants it I can email it to them 
eamongalligan@eircom.net

I am now bidding board 5 as North South. I South own 25 hcp balanced so lets see..
I am compelled to open 2C and see how it goes.I am playing the Dave Terry simple Acol system that grows legs in the hands of Dave Terry.
I was allowed make 11 tricks so lets see what the experts did. I really cannot imaging anything except a 3NT contract with 25 opp 3 and no fit ...AS EXPECTED all 3nts.
...............
Board 6 saw somebody miss a game but it was not an Irish. 
..........
Board 7 saw Galligan ease 1 imp ahead of Boland Moran ..in the cross imps ..
Hanlon McGann languish back a little after the 3NT-3 accident on Board 4
...............
Board 8 saw Galligan and his robot bid and make 6C handily enough.
Somebody missed it against Boland Moran as they climbed into the X-imps lead as 
Galligan climbed to 4th place.
...........
Board 9 Galligan defending 4S 
The Irish play 3S and 4S-2 so more imps in
.....................
Board 10 sees the Jack robots EW cruise into 6D. Lets see how that goes
Silence is golden...
...........
Board 11 saw my Jack robot opposition cruise into 6S and make 13.
4 of the 6 pairs of Camrose internationals missed the slam ... and Galligan loses 7 imps for treading water. Maybe Jack should play as the extra team in the Camrose.
...............
Board 12 saw my Jack opps do lots of bidding but subside in 3C
Middle of the road but somebody got mugged in 1SX for minus 500.
.......
Looks like they had some awards over the weekend for acting and actressing..
Some good looking humans on that show and some of them getting golden things.
Board 13 saw my robots bid 4S against me 
I might be beating this ..but I suspect they will pick up my spade Queen
I have 3 tricks ...4S went down but not sure it should
.............
Being a chess player since I learned with card board pieces back in the early 70s I am rather shocked at the news today of a chap getting murdered over a chess game. 
Some other details are more gruesome and I won't comment here. 
So board 14 ..
My Jack opps opened 4H and went down 3 ..Camrose players stayed lower.
...................
Board 15 Jack robots EW bid and made 6NT against me 
...............
I think this was the first half of the Friday night match. 
Galligan leads the Irish internationals.
.......................
My dog is fast asleep as today is the first time he missed the post man.
............





No comments: