Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Camrose Match 1 board 17-32

I will continue to play the Camrose boards with Jack
www.jackbridge.com

I am not aware of which players lost imps or had bad results on any boards I mentioned here.
I can see a running score of imp pairs as I play but that also includes my result.
Any comment made on a board is not aimed at any Team or player on a team.
I am fully aware that any Camrose player is most likely a level or two above me at bridge.
Apart from Hanlon who I outdeclared by 5 tricks in the same strain once.. in a team match.
So any insecure Camrose players don't take offence.

Board 17
Gallo and Jack roar into 6H and Gallo guides it home losing to the Heart Queen
2 Camrose pairs missed the slam and one pair strangely went down.
Board 18
Looks like a fairly normal 4S EW ..somebody doubled it and somebody got out in a 5H sacrifice.
4S+2 in my case lose 2 imps. JackGallo 6th place of 20 pairs.
Board 19
Galligan opens weak 2D with South and pard bids 3C and there we played.
Seems there is 4S available for EW but they only got as far as 2H.
11 imps to JackGallo.. some bid 4S and some sacced in 5C.
Professor Jack moaned severely about my 2D opening..
Board 20
Played in 1NT making 10 and losing 3 imps to the Camrose pairs
Proffessor Jack gave out severely about balancing 1NT with 15 count.
Board 21
We bid 6H but the robots cashed CA and switched a spade making it easy.
6H is available but involves transferring the menace in spades to be along with
the Club Ace,,, 13 imps to GalloJack .. Salisbury and Tedd seem to be out of the blocks
at speed for Wales...JackGallo lead all Camrose players.
Board 22
JackGallo take 3C down 1 but sadly the Camrose pairs conceded more 100s and we lost 8 imps to the average Camrose superstar.
Board 23
Gallo feels like taking the axe to 3S but being teams he declines and passes despite
maybe owning more than half the deck. Onward..3S made ..Somebody made 3NT NS
Rest part scoring in diamonds NS.
Board 24
A handy 10 tricks in hearts for all Camroses ... they bid game ..Jack stayed in 3H ..6 imps to gallo
Board 25
Standard 3NT making lots ..Some pair languished in 2H losing 11 imps ..
Board 26
My robot sacrificed in 5C against 4H ... Some Camrose star left out 5C. I think that is hard to do.
Maybe some Camrose team wants to hire me and my Jack robot. We are 5th of 20 on 1.00.
Board 27
We played 4D making ... 3 Camrose Stars were allowed make 5Ds ..Bizarre..
Board 28
A quiet board it seems.. 3NT against me
Board 29
Jack EW cashed HA and then tried to cash CA and that was 10 tricks, Most of Camrose stars managed to take 4S down as they should ..Salisbury Tedd ..and the Seniors having good sets
Board 30
3 boards to go ...time for a cup of tea .. and maybe a Double Up poker game.
EW robots declare 4H in my game.I found the Heart Queen on the lead for my opps so that was that. Some poor Camrose star went down .. probably getting a club lead and losing trump queen and 2 spades .. Unfortunate .. but plausible and under severe pressure.
Board 31
What the hell is Fracking ..they discussing it on the news .. Something about Leitrim
I am seeing a 9 card suit ,,,, have not seen one of them in a while ..
I pucked out an undisiplined 4S and the opps arrived in 6H .. Club lead just in case
6H made ..some Camrose stars got away in 4S doubled .. one pair went to 7H-1
7H just does not fetch and you also missing trump queen .. How do you even attempt to count 13 tricks let alone be missing the trump queen ..
Board 32
Gallo is cruising in 3NT .. 4S EW down 1 looks like the par


So far Galligan and his Jack partner are surviving comfortably ..
However Galligan does not have to deal with table pressure. However I am playing the boards honestly eventhough I have access to the results. 
.............
Next weekend we have IBU Trials semi finals 
I understand its 
1. Hanlon versus McMaugh
2. Coyne versus O'Gorman

www.cbai.ie has details 

I think its down in CityWest starting on Friday about 1720 with 40 boards ..
There is a 3rd place playoff ... No idea what thats about as who wants to be 3rd as opposed from 4th. Its not that the bridge will be cut-throat .. However maybe there is a reason ..
.................






No comments: