Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Camrose 2014 Match 2 boards 1-16

Today I will continue playing the 2014 Camrose boards with Jack bridge program as my partner.
I am playing the North South direction. www.jackbridge.com

Board 1
I lost 3 imps to the making 4S by EW Jack .. Jack is on my case for trying a stroke.
Board 2
Lost another 3 imps for getting doubled in 3S vulnerable off 1.
Board 3
Gained 4 imps for Jack giving me a trick in 4S+1. Two pairs missed game and 1 went down.
Board 4
A quiet 4S making overtricks in places
Board 5
Middle of the road 1NT+2 for Gallo but several reach game in spades ...some even picking up
the trump Qxxx opposite 10
Board 6
3 imps for Gallo playing in 3H and getting a free trick. A Camrose pair got a free trick too and that
let home 4H. Gallo still 0 imps for the set but the two Irish pairs have been collecting imps.
Board 7
I fire out a normal weak 2H so thats me done unless pard asks something.
4 pairs reach game in 3NT ,,,Galligan gains 5 imps .. Somebody got beat in 4S..EW
Board 8
4 Camrose pairs bid and make 4S. The Jack robots languish in 3NT ..so 7 imps to Gallo
Board 9
The EW Jacks make 3NT against Galligan on a Heart Ace lead and continuation.
Board 10
Afraid I butchered 2H and lost 5 imps .. Several pairs went plus in 2H
Board 11
Galligan makes 3NT up 1 on a club lead into King..
Somebody got doubled in 3NT and went 2 light ...so they must have played it with the Club
King open to attack. Garvey Carroll having a good session.
Board 12
I was afraid to put the double on 4S and lost 5 imps
Board 13
Lost another imp despite landing a plus score for defeating 1D
Board 14
Galligan took an undisiplined puck at 3SX by EW and the Jack robots made 11 tricks
assisted by a panicing Galligan .. 10 imps out the door
Board 15
plus 1 imp for beating 5Clubs doubled off 1
Board 16 ...the final board of a dreary set for Galligan
Galligan stretches for 3NT but it has no hope and another 5 imps gone out the door.
Galligan lost 20 imps of his gains on this session. Have to get back in the imp
gathering mode for 2nd half of this match tomorrow morning.
........................
Above the current cross imps in the Galligan version of the Camrose,
I seem to be missing 7 of the 960 boards played over the weekend.
So its not completely accurate. Also the addition of the 3 Jack players and myself will flaw the X-imps slightly as well. 
I have left the real names of the players who were playing in the blog. The full information on the event can be found at http://camrose-bridge-wales.org.uk/

Travellers and Boards etc are there but I don't look at this page when playing.
..........
If anybody wants the pbn file or lin file for analysis or just to play the hands then email me at eamongalligan@eircom.net
.........................




No comments: