Thursday, January 23, 2014

Camrose Trophy 2014 Boards 1-16 Match 4 partnering Jack

Board 1 ..Bid to 3NT and unfortunately went 1 off. Lose 3 imps .. 0-3

Board 2 ..Jack EW have bid to 3NT and we are on defence.I tried a Club Jack lead.
Jack West showed 4 hearts and Jack East showed 4 spades so seems like a club or diamond is a good idea. 12 tricks EW and lose 1 imp. One Camrose pair of stars bid a slam... 0-4

Board 3 Jack EW bids 1S 4H after I opened 1D with an 18 count. I chose to double and that was 10 tricks and minus 6 imps .. 0-10

Board 4 ..East West Jacks roar into 4S and we are on defence. Unfortunately Jack North played Heart Ace and I think that gave the contract when it was ruffed and Heart Queen set up.
Lose 9 imps ... 0-19 .. Guess I am not good enough to play in the Camrose

Board 5
Jack EW balance themselves into 5C after my light 1NT opening. Quietly confident of a plus score.
5C down 1 and 9 imps to JackGall. Score so far is 9-19.
Proffessor Jack is whining like Dave Terry now. 4 comments about stuff I done wrong and nothing about the 9 imps gained. 5 Camrose pairs bid and made 3NT .. one missed the boat in 2NT.

Board 6
2 imps for Jack Gallo after Jack EW held itself to 10 tricks ... 11-19

Board 7
Zero imps for 3NT+1 ... 11-19

Board 8

3S-1 by EW ... 2 imps for Jack Gallo ... 13-19
Galligan catching up

Game of Thrones is an interesting series.. I am only on Season 1 Episode 3 ..

................


No comments: