Sunday, August 26, 2018

Galligan v Challenger on Bridgebase Online 11 boards

Good morning folks
This morning I made a new video. This time there is much less background noise.
I played 11 boards of  a 16 board challenge against a friend of mine. As it was not Magic Murphy we will keep quiet about his identity. I was also trying out a different kind of screen recording software.
I played back some of it and it looks good. For now I am keeping the format basic as better quality means bigger files.
This file is about 500mb and is in WMV format and is about 40 minutes long.

https://youtu.be/jxmx88D0ruI

The video is on my Youtube channel at the above link. I played 11 boards as South against 2 BridgeBase Online robots with one robot acting as my partner.
The Blogger site only allows upload of 100Mb or less size so its a little small for a challenge.
Therefore I upload to Youtube and then post the link as above.

It seems one has to be quite careful about what one says in a video as some people have thin skin or think everything refers to them. Therefore I am mainly making videos which star myself. Its not going to be much good suing myself for playing bad bridge on a video.

..........
Bray Congress is coming up next weekend and that takes place down in some hotel in Bray I expect.
I am sure the details can be found by searching for Bray Bridge Club on the web.

Found it .. http://www.bridgewebs.com/bray/

Pre-entry to all competitions ...
Details of Bray Swiss Weekend are there .. think August 31-Sep02.
.........................
So the new season is almost upon us .. My home club Malahide Regional Bridge Club never stopped for the summer but "reopens" with the Annual Gala Pairs which is limited to club members of good standing last season I guess. It cannot be this season as you got to pay by September 30th.
............
CBAI events coming up are IBU Mixed Trials which qualifies for some European event next year followed by Lady Milne Trials which qualify a team for the Lady Milne Trophy next April.
.....
We have a team qualified for some World Senior event in the near future or at least we have a place reserved for our entry. I dunno if they send the same team or if they hold new trials for that.
In these events its the organisation that is qualified not the 6 on the team. Hopefully whoever is playing will put in some training beforehand rather than hope the boards suit them. I see Adam Mesbur and Nick Fitzgibbon in the bridge gym almost every week ....how come the rest of our players don't get it ...
Gary Player allegedly said " The more I practice the luckier I get "

Mennwhile our Irish "experts" are still bidding what they call "The Irish slam" on the continent.
Here come these 2 Irish dunces who keep bidding slams off 2 aces ..
Do they not know we have a convention for this ... We cash an ace and get signal for his ace.





No comments: