Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Eamon is having a go at the Moylan Cup 2021 ... 53% after 8 boards

 This morning I decided to have a crack at the Moylan Cup. I made up my 78 board file for Jack using the information  that is provided by BBO. I wonder am I in trouble with GDPR ...does putting folks names in my Jack program break GDPR. 


So above are my first 8 results ...

Unfortunately I was not lucky enough on board 6 in the 6H to rise with the King of Hearts so down I went. I quickly went to find out who the great player was that guessed right and against the odds in my view. Turned out a helpful unlucky defender ate its partners Queen on opening lead ... Thats good luck to be getting... 

One time when playing Charlie Cullen and Joe Walshe in Mullingar I was lucky enough to get to 6NT and was missing an awful lot of spades ... like AKQJTxxx ...I settled down to suffer my fate but after King lead taken by the ACE ....nothing was coming back as the KQJT spade person slowly went purple a red card hit the table ...The Spade Ace was singleton ...so one gets lucky ..


I wonder am I the only chap who bothers replaying the National competitions to see how many grandmasters I can beat. The only other chap who might do it is David Doran from down Wexford way. 

I have a big file of the 3 session Moylan in pbn format. 

I motored into 4H here but only managed the 11 tricks. I was shocked to find 10 of the 40 pairs in Irelands Premier Pairs event failed to reach game. How is it possible to stop in 2H on this hand. 
Something must be wrong with the evaluation. I presume even John "downgrade" Carroll even got into 4H although he probably made 12 tricks. 


............

Meanwhile Lotan Fisher is on the way back apparently. He is the Israeli chap whose team were supported by armed security at the Euro Bridge out in CityWest Dublin in 2012. Something to do with all Israeli sports teams needing protection for political reasons

http://bridgewinners.com/article/view/lotan-fischers-letter/

"Howdy Lotan ,

Missed you something terrible, glad to see you are looking forward to resuming your bridge career, we need your talents and vision for the game going forward"

said a good player from Ireland who has been turning over rocks looking for the medals he lost over the years. 




No comments: