Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Monday afternoon and night Blues

Yesterday afternoon my phone went off while I was directing Fitzwilliam online game.
Hmmm I saw the name and wondered ,,what could he want apart from asking me more questions.
I answered and he said ...I think I am outside your house

I think it was him but about 45 years older bearing gifts. The first human I have seen in 2.5 months.
He had 8 cans of guinness and 2 hop something beers. 12 pairs of shoes laces for whoever guesses who it is. Of course I could have totally the wrong picture and wrong person.

Last night about halfway though the event I spotted that board 24 in my file was blank and I wondered why BBO did not complain. For some reason it decided I would have board 23 again instead. The intelligent Thomas Garvey noted it was same board again and so we set about giving all an average plus. A couple of fast players missed out on the 3 free imps .. Poor murphy even got minus 3 imps but he is very unlucky regularly.
We had some several grandmasters here tonight but no sign of MrT2000. It it possible he fears other grandmasters.

Grandmasters here


No comments: