Tuesday, August 27, 2019

New Bridge Season arriving fast and Malahide Bridge Congress returns

Good morning all

I have neglected my blog recently and this was brought to my attention by a top player from Malahide recently. So here we are.

First exhibit ... A video created on Sunday August 25th. However I could not upload it until the opponent completed the challenge.

Bridgebase challenge Galligan v Magic

Meanwhile the Dublin Summer Congress passed off without any hitches or anything else.
I failed to attend as I had no partner or as Magic Murphy regularly says "Nobody asked me"

Shortly I will play the Tuesday night game of Malahide from August 20th. Rachel and Martin McHale won that game with a large 65% score. I DOUBT if I can beat that score. However I will give it a run.

Dublin Summer Congress results can be found on Bridgewebs at an account called Dublin Summer Congress. One can also Google .. " Dublin Summer Congress 2019 " and probably get the results.

Two new players from Malahide Regional stormed the Inter B section of this congress winning the Teams and Pairs events.

The Malahide Bridge Congress will return in 2020 under the strong guiding arm of Rachel McHale.
Rachel has been active as Social Secretary and possibly other Council positions in Malahide Regional Bridge club. The Congress will be resident at the Grand Hotel Malahide which in the past was a host of some older Malahide Bridge Clubs before my time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are published the results of the Malahide congress? Thanks for any info.