Friday, March 22, 2013

Vanderbilt Last 16

Good evening folks

I am back watching the Vanderbilt last 8 now. Above is whats left in.
Number 1 seed Nickel had a rollercoaster ride  falling over 50 imps behind in quarter 1 and recovering slowly but surely to take the lead early in quarter 4. However Team Norby were not finished yet and a grand slam by Madala Bocchi followed by a Levin Weinstein accident to bid 6S left Nickel behind again and the boards were running out.
On Board 60 of 64 Nickell made 3H up 1 against 4H-1 to pull level at 130-130
An imp was lost by a diamond queen played too quickly or tiredly (4 man team) setting up a finessing position for an imp.
Board 61 saw Nickel gain 2 imps with 180 versus 120 to lead 132-130
Board 62 flat
Board 63 saw Norby gain an imp for 132-131
Board 64 was flat to bring to an end a fantastic match up...
Eamon fell asleep about board 59 as thats where my vugraph record ended.

.........
On Logging on today to watch quarter-finals of Vanderbilt I noted Auken on vugraph.
Strange that as I saw Monaco just keeping out a messive comeback in 4th quarter.
However an appeal while I slept saw Auken win the day ...
So the juggarnaut Monaco Team is gone for this year. I am a Monaco supporter as we had Geir and Tor in Ireland for Buffet and Euro Teams. Nice lads. Also vugraphed Fulvio and Claudio in CityWest several times.
They will win more stuff no doubt but not this Vanderbilt.
..............
I think Ireland juniors won something in White House. However my Dutch is not great.
Houten Lepel divisie .... Irelande

I read this on a dutch bridge site ... I don't know who is Houten Lepel but maybe he is a famous bridge player from the Lombard Club.

That will do for now ...

Charity Bridge Event in Malahide on Thursday March 28th Open to all. in aid of Lions Club.
Malahide Regional Bridge CLub


Thanks Eamon Galligan







No comments: