Sunday, February 27, 2022

Coen Trophy 2022 Eamons picks and the 2Spade opening

 The Coen Trophy takes place today. Back in the day when the Coen Trophy was limited to above Area Master  Eamons team managed a 3rd session score of 148 out of 150 to ascend from the depths in the 3rd session. That was 2001 when Dario and Iva were here in Ireland. I think we just had all the luck. 

Today its a different story with the masterpoint chasers out in full flow. Every match you don't lose you get masterpoints. The hunt is on. However masterpoints don't make the player they just mark your attendance. 


Above is my top 14 out of the 45 teams entered on Fearghals website

I failed to pick the winners yesterday as I was unaware of their skill .


What does one open with this hand ... 

Do I hear 2S weak 2 opening ...or do I hear the Galligan opening 1S bid. 

The winner of the Spiro Cup chose 2S so hence I did not consider him as a runner.

Maybe it is a 2Spade opening and I need some re education on bridge. 



No comments: