Saturday, September 07, 2019

Bridgebase front page , challenge , Malahide Congress of Bridge

This morning I played the latest Murphyslaw bridge challenge. 16 boards against the might of Kerry's greatest bridge player Finn MacKelan. Also taking part is Cloonboos star player the weirdly named Wonder de Cool. The 3rd wheel is Liarodi Mor as Muillean Cearr. Finally we have the forever struggling unlucky expert Murphyslaw along with myself who is a self professed capable bridge player.

The link to the challenge video is below

Galligan v 4 challengers   video

Also in the above video is a brief walk through of Bridgebase online FREE front page games.
Even the frontpage where you don't need an account is more than fantastic.

Last night in Malahide we had the season opening GALA Pairs .. All went well.
Peter Wilson bought me a new projector to display the results.
Rachel McHale done her GOLDEN ENVELOPE thing.

On a previous occasion someone won a free 3 course meal ...

Rachel emerged with a bag of spuds a lump of steak and packet of soup. Also 3 sods of turf to cook the meal on and a box to carry it home.

Last night there was loads of fancy grub available ..  I got a few tiger prawn things and some other dainty food things in some kind of pastry. There was also loads of coffee cake and brownies and strawberrys with no cream. However I had a carton of sour cream from Avonmore so I was able to use Rachels strawberries for a Wimbledon experience.

......
Recently in Dublin and Wicklow we had two bridge congresses.

We had the Dublin Summer Congress ...a major event which seems to have Rory Egan at the helm.
However I was not there as I could not find the venue. A friend of mine has shown me the venue in the meantime. So I might go there next year. Generally the boot of my car contains all the necessities to attend a bridge congress .. Sometimes I even carry a dealing machine and a few bottles of overtrick juice as Paul Delaney calls it .... lucozade.

There is a robin and a bird with a yellow chest eating bread on my apple tree.

https://www.bridgewebs.com/bray/

https://www.bridgewebs.com/dublinsummercongress/

Next March we will have the Rachel McHale organised congress in the Grand Hotel Malahide.
Now that will be something ... There will be strawberries as there are always strawberries at Rachels events.


I only notice now that we have Diarmuid Reddan on the directors list as well. Thats great as he is almost as good as Brian Lawlor at the organisation. Diarmuid would be able to run the whole lot on his own. Hope ye like the picture. Malahide is a nice place. You can go to the seaside across the road.



No comments: