Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Junior Trials Mixed Trials and ChallengerW video

Last weekend along with Bray Swiss Congress we had the Junior Trials.

The results of Junior Trials can be found on Fearghals website

www.fob.ie

However the results are no good to us as we don't know the conditions of contest.
The various pairs have Y P X and Z categories so I don't think it is first past the post.
Here is a picture of the final positions

 I have come across most of these players in the past but they were a few years younger when  I used to run the Schools  Pairs in Malahide Regional Bridge Club and the Schools teams in Galway.
Therefore  recognise the names but  would not be able to put faces on them except for some of the Gonzaga lads who I have met more often. Several of them work as bridge directors these days.

 I would have expected better from 9th placed Bolger and Childs as well as the 8th placed Connolly and Doyle. Smylie and Lightowler are partnering each other quite a while and I would have expected better from them. However as stated above I don't know the conditions of contest so who knows what it alll means. Y might mean Youths C might mean Camrose and P might mean Peggy. I don't know about X. If P means Peggy Bayer does that mean you cannot qualify for Junior Camrose.  I am sure all will be revealed by the Junior Committee soon or whatever committee is in charge. I expect the players all know the story.

Finally the next video .. unedited but soon we will start editing  I think.
Galligan v ChallengerW

We lost this challenge and are now 2-0 down to challengerw despite him being entitled to 16 imps handicap.

No comments: