Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Thomas Hanlon John Carroll fly the flag in Turkey

Good morning folks



I see the carparks are forming beside Thomas's brain. or maybe he just got a bad haircut.
I hope he has thick skin. 


I know Thomas Hanlon and John Carroll are playing in the Salvador Assael  Memorial Tournament but without digging a little deeper I don't seem to be able to access the results ..I know David and Diane Greenwood are also playing but I will do some work on finding out the results webpage.

Hi Eamon,
>
> One more qualifying session, nicely placed.
>
> http://www.assaelbridge.com/en/
>
> Tom
>
> Sent from my iPad

Hurray I finally got there ..
http://clubs.vugraph.com/AssaelBridge/eventresults.php?event=89316

Thomas and John currently placed in 2nd going into the Final session of qualifying
A 3 session final A and B will follow

Salvador Assael represented the Turkish Open Team in Euro Championships in Dublin. in 2012.
................................................
The Regent Bridge Club 1000 euro for the winner slowly approachs with the players lining up to partner the incedible Brendan O'Brien who has space in his coffee jar for some winnings. Friday week June 14th is the big night. Thats the night before Neil Young appears on stage in Dublin.
Details are here ... http://www.regentbridgeclub.ie/

Declan Byrne will be the Master of cermonies ..
I don't know who is directing but Brian Lawlor would be a good guess ... or maybe the incredible Declan Byrne will do that job as well. I know former Regent treasurer and current Dublin South Region beancounter Mr James Mullally attempted the Regional TDs course last weekend but have not heard any results yet.
It could be him ..
.............................
Last night I was talking to Jamie Martin the former perennial Junior International player for Ireland.
He was there so long he got too old to play. Anyway much to my dismay I wandered onto his blog.
Some brain wrecking stuff there ... including Shortcake and mathematics ...
http://mybraincrack.blogspot.ie/

Here you will find bridge hands ..brain things and even bridge advice in a cryptical way.

One story that caught my attention and ended up with a piece of great bridge advice was here
http://mybraincrack.blogspot.ie/2012/01/mens-erger-je-niet.html

Click on this and go to the end of the story and you will see an embedded link about his young partner and
click on that.
I got a laugh anyway
............
Its a beautiful sunny day and all Billy wants to do is sit inside and play Jack 5.02 and work on his bridge game. He makes tournaments each day and leaves Jack clugging away on his old laptop and then returns home after work to play the tourney he has created.
Strangely enough I used to do this with GIB 15 years ago when GIB was about to become the greatest
computer bridge program ever made. GIB still lives on but no development since about 2001.
Bridge Base Online seems to own it now and GIB is doing a fine job as a double dummy analyzer and plays 1000s of tourneys each day. I personally still fire up the old DOS version sometimes. A fine program created by Matt Ginsberg   www.gibware.com

Nearly everybody has the DOS version free in their BBO directory these days but probably don't know it

Jack5 is now the current top of the shelf program for computer bridge enthusiasts ..
www.jackbridge.com

...........
I still highly recommend the daily Wbridge5 tournament and free Wbridge5 bridge playing program

http://bridgez.net:3002/ConnectingPlayer.html

.

Thanks
Eamon Galligan



No comments: