Friday, June 21, 2019

Kelan the Kerry Bridge player loses and Murphy bids a slam

This morning one took on the might of the Kerry Bridge player in a BBO challenge.
Now the Kerry bridge player is a much more refined animal than the tantrum throwing wild child of the late 2000s. I played against him once in the Duais when he was a kid and he almost danced on the table when I stroked him. I was playing with Gordon Lessels. He was a right murphyslaw back then.

Murphy goes outside and bangs his head off the railings outside Malahide Regional Bridge club everytime Jumping jumps the bidding beyond the reasonable.

Anyway Kelan has been beating me regularly and heavily. if I have a bad set its 37imps in the bin.

So this morning I hoped for better ....and I got a great stroke of luck.

6 spades making off 2 aces ...the thing of dreams

So the robot led off the Heart Ace and switched to a non diamond
Now Galligan needs 3-3 Hearts or doubleton Jack.
And blessed are the overbidders.
plus 1430

Here is the full video including the celebration
Galligan slams Kelan

I have heard there was some good action in Malahide last night. Magic Murphy says he bid 3 slams.
However he missed one on board 14 it seems and one of them must have revoked on board 11.
On board 21 it appears some one failed to make the matchpoint effort of converting to NoTrump.
37 points between them.
I also noticed a board where several strong players played in HEART part score when Magic Murphy drove to a SLAM .. Ronan and Gilligan declare 1H safely while Magic Murphy roars into 6S.
I think the throne is under attack .. Murphy is about to take over the crown.
The Magic not only bids game but moves on and bids a slam. Down the bottom you can see 3 pairs not even arriving in game. Looks like Malahide has a new boss.

No comments: