Monday, December 24, 2018

Jim Cahill Premier Pairs after 49 boards

Good afternoon folks

As per previous posts Galligan is tackling the Jim Cahill Premier Pairs event. After a cautious start Eamon gained some momentum in the last 7 boards and eased past Grandmaster O'Brien and Grandmaster Walsh. Also has gone slightly ahead of the powerful Midlands pair which is Fitzgerald and MacDonagh. So after one third of the event Galligan lies in 7th place of the humans and about 9th overall.
So as one can see from the screenshot Galligan is a tiny amount ahead of Eddie and Michael.
This event was held back in November from 9th to 11th and was a very nice event.
The matchpoints is less vicious for me as I have added in 4 GIB robots and then theree is also my table of 3 Jacks and myself.
I hope to overtake Coyne and Walsh soon as I know they lack stamina and I also know their final placing which I hope to be ahead of.
This event has already been promised for next year and I think they should run a little qualifier for it or suggest a national event to be the qualifier for about 3 pairs. Maybe not next year but the Master Pairs or the Moylan could be a qualifier or at least grant an invitation to some pairs. Not many but about 3 places could be offered to the top 10 in Moylan or Masters Pairs.

No comments: