Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The robots on Bridgez treated me well again today .. I await the peleton

For the last few days I have taken my daily dose on Bridgez .. Getting mid 50% scores .. after my heroics on Friday where the peleton finally overhauled me late in the evening with tof90 and lechene posting 81% and 76% scores to leave my 74% in 3rd ..

Today Tuesday I got off to a decent start and played steadily thru 12 and finished off nicely 13-16 ..
So today the peleton is chasing a 76.73% score. I notice patbill has posted a 57% score which is almost 20% behind the yellow jersey



I played in Malahide Regional Bridge Club yesterday morning and you could not buy a score.
One player opened 12-14 No trump and her partner bid 2NT passed out and placed a chunky 13 count in dummy


Declarer mumbled I had 3 aces and you cannot do anything with them except make a trick.
Declarer eventually made 7 tricks for one down. For that effort declarer earned 42%.
A rather generous score.

Another more experienced chappie had a go at 3NT on the below hand.
After receiving a CLUB lead which gave him 4 CLUB TRICKS our man set about looking for tricks 10 and 11 ... He has a comfortable 9 tricks sort of on top.
4 Clubs Ace Diamond Spade Trick and 3 top HEARTSs .. this is 9 .. Most players will get 9 plus tricks from here.
Our man could have tried finessing the Spade 10 .. which even if it loses gets him 10 tricks..
A lesser option was the happy position of the DIAMONDS ..
Can also finesse the HEART 10 .... which will work ..

So 3 working options ..one in each suit to get extra tricks ...

However our man ended up with the very basic 9 tricks and earned a full 75% score for that effort.

Now I will communicate with these 2 players individually by email to see if we can do some learning or card playing improvement.

Maybe duplicate bridge should include 3-4 lines of the par score to boost things up a little.
Now there is an idea .. maybe its a good idea ..

Maybe I will do some trials on it

Thanks
Eamon Galligan




No comments: