Sunday, March 24, 2019

Down in 7S is not good and National Pairs Final

This morning  played the end of a challenge on Bridgebase Online against Mullingarman. Happily I launched myself into 7S contract. Sadly having a suitable layout I put it on the floor and lost 20 imps.  Moral of the story down in slam does not beat plus in game.
I knew I had a good shot at making the contract on the lead but I took the eye off the robots left hand. Left hand lead mean SINGLETON ...  I suffered the Denis Dillon fate.

In Mens Teams in Galway in 1996 Dennis uttered in his best Cork accent. "I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT EAMON" The capitals are meant as Dennis had a loud voice. Down Eamon went in a cold one. I thought I had learned but today I did it again.

Meanwhile the video Galligan is beaten by Mullingar Man

Meanwhile down in Athlone the champions of all regions are doing battle for the various
National Pairs titles. Some pairs got a shock yesterday when they found out there exist other big lads and lassies in other regions.

I made a few tips but they are not running well yet.

Davidson ... McNeill and Scannell ... Delaney Brady are the form pair here

Laird .. I don't really know any players here except Deegan Deane and the old chess player from skerries Pat Mulholland. He was good at chess not sure about the bridge but he is partnering famous vugraph operator Carol Sheridan from the bridge playing family of Tom Rose Brendan and Helen.

Civil Service Cup ..... I thought Hughs McMackin had a chance but they ran into some heavy weather in Session 2. Maybe they will produce a 74% 3rd session to win the thing.

Good luck to all




No comments: