Friday, December 21, 2018

The various Irish trials and Blanchman movie

Good morning folks

I hear something is afoot with the Irish trials for the various events. Seems there might be some kind of merger between NIBU and CBAI for Home International trials. This will be good if they organize some training weekends for the teams and hire Galligan to run it. No point in picking easy boards and some ordinary lad to talk about Stayman and Landy. Get the big lad in and throw some thought provoking hands at them. Eamon has been knocking lumps off Hanlon team for years and anyone else who showed any interest.

Today I played a bridgebase challenge against Blanchman and after a reasonable set I found poor Blanchman had gone into orbit and the final score was 78-4 over 16 boards.

Galligan versus Blanchman

Meanwhile back to those trials. I think the Moran team won the last Camrose Trials in a canter so even in their weakened state they could see off all challengers. The reason for this is they do far more work than anyone else. How do I know ..well I am still making some hands for them.

I got the message from the new kids on the block that NPC Grainne pointed them at me.
I contacted Tyroneman and put hands in his account.
He has been working through them and told me the hands showed himself and partner a thing or 2.

"Eamon we thought we were good but those hands knocked those thoughts out of us"

So IBU ... some team needs to beat the Hanlon Moran team.
By all means hold as many pairs trials as you want ...but only to select a team to take out Moran.

Some team should select THEGARVE ... he owns an irish passport and can play a little.


No comments: