Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The 16 board Bridgez tournament

Today I played the 16 board Bridgez tournament. Its a good facility for practicing each day. The server is quick and one can blast through the 16 boards comfortably in 30 minutes or else take it more thoughtfully and take breaks thru the day.

I recorded todays session but I was also watching and listening to Bernard Magees videos.
I need to keep up with what the Malahide membership development folk are doing.
Then I can counteract their moves.

Below is my video. You might here Bernard Magee talking in the background as I had him rolling on
another PC behind my laptop. He puts the dog to sleep. When he is sleeping he does not pee so thats a good thing.

Galligan on Bridgez

Magee likes killing Kings with Aces

He also points out to all those notebook wielding defenders ... When dummy comes down there is loads to do. One should not be scribbling in some notebook or entering stuff into the bridgemate.
One should be focusing on that dummy and paying attention to partners lead.

After all declarer is already working on his plan and its disrespectful for one to be scribbling in a notebook instead of planning the defence.

Thanks
Eamon Galligan

No comments: