Saturday, November 24, 2018

Galligan new video versus PW

After some pleading by regular opponent for a new video here we go. 16 board BBO challenge using South set at best hand. I played boards 1-5 and then stopped as I felt I was going bad.
Went into the kitchen and started recording. Seemed to be playing better

Galligan v PW 11 boards

Went down 3 on two boards once 150 non vul and not so costly but once vulnerable and minus 300 so that cost more. Also I butchered a 4H and went down 2 from a high double dummy of 11 tricks so I blew 3 tricks on declarer play.

Not as bad as one of my chess playing bridge partners who one day in Kilkenny managed to blow 5 doubled undertricks in 3 leads. A power packed performance. His explanation ... I am driving ..you can get out and walk if you mention it once more.

We will get back to the Ireland Premier Pairs shortly. We need to up our game severely there.
40% is a problem ... but more of a problem is my Jack 6 program has lost its ability to record my
score when it exits. Something to do with Galligan messing with the hidden and read only settings
of the files in the Appdata folder.

Meanwhile out in Malahide Regional Bridge Club I ran a teams competition which attracted only 11 teams. A 2 week event and the players wanted to play each team once and once only and also have direct matches. So 10 matches and an enforced sitout. Now as a reasonably  established tournament director I don't do sitouts if possible and here I had experienced players wanting to enforce a 5-6 board sitout on all teams .... Beats me ...
I grabbed the nettle and played 8 rounds of 3 board matches each week and no 5-6 board sitout.
Several players are still moaning about why I would not want to impose a 5-6 board sitout.
Sorry but I don't understand ...


No comments: