Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Lady Milne Trials 2018 are happening

Good afternoon all few of ye.

This weekend coming we have the Lady Milne trials 2018. This year as Ireland is the host we have 2 teams taking part, That means 6 pairs will qualify for the teams Ireland and CBAI.
I will head off to Fearghals website shortly to see who is playing this year.

In the meantime I will post the latest video I just made. This one has the final 8 boards of my latest challenge against Magic. Magic is a keen bridge player who used to sit beside me at work and I taught him bridge from scratch. He is now an A2 player in the CBAI. Since then I have also created Declan the Donplayer and Shane the Unblocker. Those two lads don't play much in bridge clubs but they have been taught the game. Declan the Donplayer is well known from my blog and he absolutely loves the game. Shane is a little less forward going as he thinks he knows it all.

Galligan v Magic

Now Magic should have won the above challenge in comfort but he lost 1100 twice and 800 once for
a total of 38 imps out. In short he made more and bigger mistakes than Eamon.
In the challenge today we had P 1H X P to me holding 5 card hearts. I made the stupid bid of PASS thinking we will beat this easily. If I put my brain in gear first all would have been well.  See the video on boards 2 and 3 for how not to play bridge.

Meanwhile on the way through Fearghals site I see a picture of Congress Pairs winners 2018 and to be honest I have never laid eyes on these two women in my life. So they must be visitors from afar.
I went on Fearghals results site and amazingly I cannot find the Congress Pairs result. So maybe it is one of Fearghals trick questions. He has a wry sense of humour this Fearghal. Two unknowns and no result on website. Whats going on. Congress Pairs 2018. Weird.

Whats also weird is the D/UAIS .. The prize awards went RM1 AM1 AM2 AM3 RM2
However in my world of prize awarding the first 2 MAs should win the RM2 prizes like normal.
Also no prize for Una O'Gorman Peter 'Meara ...can the presidents partner not win a prize.
and finally MR2 is given to a Regional Master when it should be already gone to an AM.
In short all RM and AM prizes should be taken by AMs no question ...so it beats me how that worked. Its just impossible .

Guess I will have to do the Lady Milne names tomorrow as its time for eats

Oh by the way ... the World Bridge Federation have a you tube broadcast each night at 1740 from Orlando. Its interesting as sometimes one gets different viewpoints than the normal commentary.
Last night they had Georgio Duboin Alfredo Versace and young italian superstar Donati. In all 7 world champions commentated. The first show was like 2 Mickey O'Ks talking about bridge but its much better now that they have learned.

You can find the videos here and they are interesting

World Bridge Federation Youtube videos

Unfortunately the team called Moran got beaten in the Round of 64 last night.
They were playing shorthanded due to a bereavement of one of their players.

No comments: