Friday, September 28, 2018

Lady Milne Trials begin and Orlando continues

This evening in 15 minutes time the CBAI Lady Milne trials begin.
14 pairs take to the floor. I logged into Fearghal O'Boyles website to see how it is going.

I was greeted with a new fangled results service ..

Lady Milne running scores

Now I don't know yet if this is an upgraded Fearghal or if it is a different tournament director.
One never knows ... It could be John Royds .. He is progressive but Fearghal is technical.
All will be revealed. It could even be Diarmuid Reddan.

.............
Earlier this afternoon I was looking through the Open Pairs Semi Final A. I was reading from the bottom up. I spotted the drop in pair Mesbur and Fitzgibbon marooned in last place on 40% after 14 boards. Not far above lay Hanlon McGann. In the places 87-118 I can comfortably  count 30 world renowned players and there would also be several from the Far East whose names would not be familiar to me. So  Mesbur Fitzgibbon on 41% after 16 boards is not terminal as a good next 16 will bring them up to near half way. Hanlon McGann on the other hand are on 42% or so after 64 boards so they have a harder climb. However this is a serious level event. There are World champions in this bottom end too.

So an event with Irelands top pairs near the bottom must be serious level of bridge especially in this new cleaned up version of bridge.

Orlando World Championship results


No comments: